CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 27, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

I haven't blogged in a week.  I don't even know where to begin with this.  To make a loooooong story short, my aunt passed away on Christmas Eve.  She collapsed on Sunday Dec 19 and had been on a ventilator since then. We made the choice, as a family and to respect her wishes, to take her off the vent on Thurs Dec 23.   She passed peacefully around 8:05 PM on Christmas Eve.  She was only 58 years young.  She was taken from us far too soon, even though we knew she had been battling a disease for many years.  

Here she is, last Christmas, with her two great nieces; my daughter and her younger cousin.

In life she was a wonderful, loving person.  She'd give you the shirt off her back, even if it was her last one.  She lived a tough life, but was always happy and joking.  She was my first best friend; we shared a room when I was little.  I can remember her working 3rd shift and coming home in the early morning.  She would want to go to sleep, but I'd be up rearing to go and wanting her to watch cartoons with me!  She would sit there, falling asleep, trying so hard to stay awake the best she could to watch them with me.  I can also remember, when we would go out to eat when I was young that no matter where I sat or where she sat I'd always find a way to kick her legs as I swung mine under the table.  Hehe... that was a running joke for years.  I have so many other wonderful memories that I could share about her; its so hard to pick and choose which ones.  She loved my daughter so very much and my daughter loves her.  She called my daughter "Mushmouse Jr" as "Mushmouse" is what she called me.  Aunt Gayle, you are loved so very much and missed even more.

 RIP Gayle Carbonneau
Oct 12, 1952 - Dec 24, 2010
___________________________________________________

In other news, my food intake has not been great.  I have not been stress eating at all which is GREAT, just not tracking or drinking my water.  I am supposed to WI tonight, but we are in the middle of a large snow storm so I have no idea if the meeting will be held or not.  I checked the website to see if it was canceled or not, but there was nothing.  Hmmm.... will have to play it by ear.    

Christmas was as good as it could be!  DD had a blast and got spoiled by all the grandparents and Santa!  DH got me lots of goodies as well as a Wii Fit Plus! I am so excited to get it set up to try it out!  YAHOO!  

I am jumping back on the bandwagon TODAY!  My aunt was attending WW over the past few months and was doing very well on program! I know she would want me to continue doing my best on program and not falling apart because she has left us.  I am getting back on track as a way to honor her. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jess ... I'm SO very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. *GREAT BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete