CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

30 Days in Pictures: Day 5

Yep, I am taking my sweet time posting these! Hey, the rules didn't say it had to be 30 consecutive days!

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.

There are so many memories that I would consider to be a favorite, but this is the one that popped into my head when I read what Day 5 is about.  I know it's kind of an odd thing to have as a favorite memory, but here it is.  This is the VERY first time I changed my daughters diaper.  I had a c-section after being in labor for nearly 30 hours.  I was completely exhausted and in so much pain for the first few days of her little life that I could barely get out of bed, let alone care for her.  Thank goodness for my husband who stepped up to the plate and did all that stuff for her while I was unable.  The very first time I was able to change her was a HUGE victory for me and such a special thing.  I was able on my own power to get out of bed and do something for her that she needed.  I loved how that moment in time was completely about the two of us bonding over such a simple and mundane task.  I will never forget the joy and pride I felt.




No comments:

Post a Comment